For more than a decade now, lawyers and their firms have begun blogging as a way to bring in high-quality clients. Based on the latest research in the form of a survey amongst in-house counsel, we’ve discovered the type of impact that blogging has as a business development tool.
The survey discovered some interesting facts that include:
- 84% of in-house counsel believes legal blogs are trustworthy.
- Counselors read firm branded, attorney written blogs more than they read blogs written by professional journalists.
- 50% and more believe prominent legal blogs have a major influence in whether clients will choose one law firm over another.
- Daily blog readership has dropped since 2010, but weekly and monthly readership has made up for the loss in daily readers.
Ultimately, we’ve discovered that the Internet helps craft a better reputation for law firms when used correctly. We will now outline a winning strategy for achieving great success while lawyer blogging.
Lawyer Blogging Success Strategy
Use the following six-point plan to attract your ideal clientele while blogging for business success:
- Identifying your ideal client base – in order to attract ideal clients, you need to create blogging content focusing on your chosen area of practice. Identify your ideal client and do what the top legal blogs do and focus on content specific to this area of practice. Avoid writing about anything else and stay focused. You need to brand yourself as an expert in your chosen practice area.
- Pinpointing your ideal audience – it’s certainly important to create content geared toward current and prospective clients, but it’s even more important to create content that will have a major impact on influencers in your chosen area of practice. To achieve thought leader status in your practice area, create content that will engage with and get shared by association leaders, conference coordinators, publishers, reporters and today’s top legal bloggers. This is the best way to get noticed and become a major authority in your chosen field.
- Pay attention – the best way to gain the attention of your ideal audience and major influencers in the field is to really listen and pay attention to the topics being regularly talked about. Sure, creating content is certainly important to help spread the word as you look to attain authority status. But you have to write content that’s relevant to what your area of practice is currently focused on. So keep your eyes and ears open, discover what’s being talked about and shared in your industry most often and focus your content on the latest trends.
- Networking – most of the world tends to look at blogging as a marketing tool, but it’s more effective when used as a tool for networking. You can easily use your blog as a way to get to know new, influential people in your practice area. Interview exciting people on your blog. Do not hesitate to quote the work of others in your practice area, and make every effort possible to comment on and share thought-provoking pieces. In the end, you want to become an active member of the blogging community and you want your peers to know it.
- Make the time investment – becoming a successful blogger in your area of practice will take time. Do not expect to achieve immediate results. Be willing to put in the time, effort, and energy to become a successful legal blogger.
- Using social media – use social media websites like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook to draw attention to your true online identity, which is your lawyer blog.
An example of a successful lawyer blog
Do not hesitate to take advantage of legal blogging to help grow and expand your practice. Many law firms are capitalizing on this medium and use blogging to bring in new clients and achieve major business success.
Bad times can hit anyone at any point of life. Getting in trouble including being charged with a DUI, you should consult an AC Law DUI Lawyer. What one should therefore do is note down all such survival strategies that can keep him away from impending dangers. One of the worst consequences that a person can encounter is getting jailed. Once this happens, it will take moments for his world to turn upside down. So before that happens, one should have the concept of bail bonds clear so that it doesn’t involve more complications in the process. But first, you need to know the process thoroughly and then only you can proceed to save yourself or your near one, that is, the victim.
Well, a lot has been said about bail bonds in general. But how many people are aware of the steps that need to be followed one after another. So, here are the procedures that are followed in the processing of bail bonds:
- Getting Booked – Under the process of booking, the person is usually arrested and taken into police custody. Officers will then take your personal information into account. For instance, your name, date of birth as well as all your physical characteristics will be noted. Once done, the information on what type of crime you have committed will be taken into consideration. Your fingerprints and all relevant photographs will be recorded. Thereafter, your criminal background will be investigated and any personal belonging like phone, keys, purse etc. will be confiscated. Once these are done, you will be transferred to your local jail. In the case of any minor offense, you will be provided a written citation. After signing it, you will then be released and appear later in court.
- Arranging your Release – Once the booking procedure is over, the next step will be making arrangements for your release. As per the authorities, their primary concern would be to ensure that you would be present on all court dates in future. In some cases, you might be eligible to get a release on the basis of your own recognizance. This means that you make a promise through a piece of writing that you will appear in court whenever it summons. However, there are certain factors based on which the judge will grant own recognizance:
- How serious is the crime committed
- Details of your criminal record
- If your community considers you a threat
- If you have strong ties with the community
Despite, if you are released on the basis of your own recognizance but fail to appear in court on the mentioned date, as you had promised, a warrant will be issued against you for arrest.
- Initiate Bail proceedings – Written promises to appear in the court as per specified dates are not always sufficient. The court will look for a financial guarantor that will assure your appearance in court. As far as the process of bail is concerned, a fixed amount of money needs to be paid by you so that the release from police custody is possible. However, you need to promise that you must appear in court at any cost on account of all your criminal proceedings that have been scheduled. If you keep up to your promise, your bail amount would be returned, and if you don’t, you will be arrested and your bail amount too will be forfeited.
- Bail Hearing at Court – The court will conduct the process of bail hearing to decide whether bail would be granted and what amount would be fixed for it. For this, a few factors will be taken into consideration by the court:
- Your mental as well as physical condition
- Monetary resources and family ties
- Your history of drugs and alcohol
- Your criminal records
- Past record in regard to appearance in court
- Duration of your residence
- Imposing restrictions on traveling, medical and psychological treatment etc.
- Posting the Bail Bond – After the court sets your bail amount, a certain percentage needs to be posted or paid to the court. Once it is paid or posted, a document will be issued by the court stating that you are granted release. If you fail to post the bail bond, you can hire a bail bond agent like Post Bail By Phone who will charge a certain percentage of the total bail amount. The amount will, however, be non-refundable.
Besides, you can always talk to a bail bond agent who will help you get a fast release and free you of further complications as soon as possible. The reason is simple. The sooner you are out of jail, the better it is.