Commissioning for business has a number of benefits in many areas of work.
As per the definition, it is the process by which an equipment, facility, or plant (which is installed or is complete or near completion) is tested to verify if it functions according to its design objectives or specifications.
This post aims to show you how it can benefit you.
Download Branding Resources Guide
Building a brand starts by having the right tools and advice. Download our top 10 essential tools and resources to kick-start your branding.
1. Performance criteria are established and benchmark goals are verified.
2. The working environment is improved including lighting levels and indoor air quality.
3. Lifecycle building costs are reduced.
4. Documents clearly project process.
5. Minimizes disputes among all parties in both the design and construction processes.
6. Establishes operation and maintenance policies.
7. Baseline expectations for the Owner’s Program Requirements are identified.
8. Represents the interests of the Owner independent of the contracting teams and design.
1. Equipment post-warranted is verified
2. Improves installed systems documentation
3. Documented testing procedures verify building controls and operations of systems
4. Verifies that staff training goals have been achieved
5. Maintenance schedules are established
1. Verifies benchmark goals and establishes performance criteria
2. Lifecycle building costs are reduced
3. Project processes are clearly documented
4. Disputes between all parts involved in the construction and design processes are minimized
5. Establishes operation and maintenance policies
6. Baseline expectations for the Owner’s Program Requirements are identified
7. Represents the interest of the Owner independent of the contracting teams and design
1. Warranty calls backs from field issues are reduced
2. Punchlist items are minimized when the project ends
3. Contract documents are reviewed for bidding that is more competitive
If you want more tips on commissioning then read this post from Quanta.