Whether it is a startup or an enterprise, all businesses are implementing test automation. But still, there is a higher rate of failure, and the underlying reason is the wrong implementation. Businesses cannot afford to go wrong with their test automation strategy in this fierce competition. A test automation company can help enterprises build the right strategy when moving from manual to automated tests.
Let’s see how businesses can build a good test automation strategy:
The road to quality software development is full of hurdles but the right choices make businesses succeeded eventually, if not at the first attempt. Development teams begin a project with great enthusiasm and seem to meet their deadlines too. But when moving towards automation testing, things start to fall apart and teams start to lag behind their schedule. In the rush to reduce the time to market, companies often fail to achieve quality products. So this is where the real challenge begins.
How to Get Started with Test Automation?
Download Branding Resources Guide
Building a brand starts by having the right tools and advice. Download our top 10 essential tools and resources to kick-start your branding.
In the software development industry, one of the main factors for failure is bug fixing, which causes delays in projects. This is why a test automation company needs to get things straight right from the beginning. According to the world quality report, 61% of respondents stated that they have difficulties in automating their QA, which results in higher costs. It breaks the conventional pattern of detecting bugs and fixes them by running regression tests.
A Good Automation Strategy
Following are the key ingredients for a good automation strategy:
- Defining goals– So that you are clear which tests need to be automated.
- Planning a test approach – It is important to determine and list down various levels of testing, along with the roles and responsibilities of the team members. All types of testing that would be required in a project should be listed.
- Selecting a test automation framework – It is a set of detailed guidelines that one needs to follow when writing and running tests. It includes coding standards, procedures, test-data reporting, etc.
- Selecting tools – Development teams should select testing tools that they will be using during their project.
- Creation of tests and running them – Once test managers have created a test automation strategy and selected the right testing tools; it is time to write and execute scripts.
- Maintaining scripts – It includes scrutinizing the testing parameters. For instance, if a new feature is added to an application, regression tests need to be carried out.
CIOs think that test automation can save time and get things back on track. Development teams begin with the process only to find out it’s not as simple as it looks. Since they don’t know which tools to use or don’t have the right automation strategy in place. Towards the end, they realize how much technical debt they may have to pay. This is why implementing test automation is the ultimate solution. A good test automation company can help enterprises in achieving full potential from test automation efforts.