If you are looking for the database of the future apps that will fit in and work perfectly in the cloud database setting all over the globe, MongoDB is the one you should consider. This is a general purpose, distributed and document-based database that is created with the aim to work for and with the modern apps and help the developers working in this most sophisticated cloud era.
Once you use it or even finish reading this article, you will find that in fact there is no other database that is more productive than this to use in this day and age. The reasons to say it so bluntly and emphatically are one too many.
- This is the database management system that is used by millions of developers all over the world
- It helps the developers to power and designs the most innovative products and services of the world and
- Since the program or the developer needs to think in and of objects to come up with the best product or services this database tool will also do likewise and help you in the development project.
In fact, MongoDB is that specific type of document database that will store data in JSON like documents. Ideally, the industry experts believe that this is the most natural and effective way to look into or think about data. Though this is a much more powerful tool, however, it is also much more expressive as compared to the traditional row and column model.
Download Branding Resources Guide
Building a brand starts by having the right tools and advice. Download our top 10 essential tools and resources to kick-start your branding.
The advantages of working with rich JSON documents are:
- You will be able to work in the most natural and productive way
- It will provide you with adequate support with an array of nested objective and values and
- It will allow you to create and use the most flexible and more dynamic schemas.
In addition to that, you will be able to use one of the most powerful query languages that are not only rich but is also the most expressive. This query language will allow you to sort and filter data by its respective field of any kind no matter how it is nested within the document.
Moreover, you will receive more than adequate support for combinations and other modern use cases that may involve one or a couple of the following:
- A geolocation based search
- A graph-based search and
- A text-based search.
All your queries are written will be JSON themselves and that means there will be very easy to compose.
- You will not need to concatenate the strings any more in order to generate the SQL queries more dynamically.
- In addition to that, you will have all the power that is associated with a relational database and more.
- You will be able to make full ACID transactions and get the best support for joins in your SQL queries.
The most important thing about it is that you will be able to compare two types of relations instead of one name, reference and embedded.
The global cloud database
The MongoDB Atlas will enable you to use and make the most out of the global cloud database when it comes to modern apps that need to be safely and securely distributed by default and accessible as a completely managed service on Azure, AWS and Google Cloud.
- This will provide you with a database for modern apps that are leading in the world and known to be a fully automated cloud service. This is practically run and engineered by the same team that is responsible to build the database.
- In addition to that, you will have operational as well as security practices that are proven and are built in the system to ensure that no data in the cloud fall into other lands due to a ‘cloud burst.’
- You will also be able to save a lot of time and effort along with money when you automate a few specific automation tasks that are time-consuming and labor-intensive in nature.
- When you have the easy to use user interface and API at your disposal you will not need to spend a lot of time in building your apps and even need less time to manage your database.
What does this mean? It means that the tool will help you in various tasks that are complicated and make it simpler for you. These tasks include both operational and administrative such as:
- Infrastructure provisioning
- Database setup
- Ensuring availability
- Global distribution
- More usability
- Proper backups and more.
If you are not satisfied yet and want a few more reason to use MongoDB Atlas just as most reliable data management sites such as RemoteDBA.com and others do then here are a few more at your disposal:
- It is more flexible
- It is more scalable
- This document database will ease and automate your job
- It will fully manage the service on your preferred cloud
- It will support global clusters
- It will work on all world class apps
- It will also support for 60+ cloud regions across Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure.
The system will take care of itself for all your sensitive data and secure it in its built-in security controls features. This will also be in accordance with the existing protocols and satisfy the compliance requirements and standards of the same.
Since this is designed for the developers who look for productivity, it comes with lots of features and functionality. It will help all builders all over the world to build apps much faster using more native tools that will eventually help in better manipulation, visualization and analyzing of the available data in the cloud as well as within the system.
Summing it up
If you want to reduce the workload of any or all of the critical missions of your business data then this is the best tool available for use. It is not only easily available but it is also known for its distributed fault tolerance. In addition to that, you will get a lot more backup options so that you can meet with your data recovery objectives more effectively and efficiently.
Dev Ittycheria is the President and CEO of MongoDB Inc who values the cost of managing conventional databases. Using his advice you can avoid the mistakes in it and be as successful as RemoteDBA.com.