At this point in the game, virtually every company has a website. Websites are so easy to come by, any kid in high school can whip one out.
A few years ago, that was all that was needed. Just a website, with an email and a way to allow a potential customer contact you.
We used our websites as glorified company brochures.
But technology has advanced and today’s customer demands more. They reach for their computer or smartphone to find a service or a product, often before they even look locally, so you have to be smarter. Learn it, read it. Read quality content on how to monetize your skills online through Amazon!
When they find your site, they expect to be educated and entertained. They expect visual, and audio and immediate interaction. Though, your product may be better than the one they sell next door, if the owner next door has invested in his brand via his website, he will get the business.
Great examples such as Nelson Kitchen & Bath of design are definitely the ones that will take the business!
Keeping abreast of the latest technology, keeping our websites fresh and inviting, and getting our users to share on social media takes time and time is money.
Let’s see what 15 experts we’ve consulted have to say about their ways:
Strategies On How to Monetize A Digital Brand
Below you will find some insight from successful businesses who have harnessed the power of the internet to grow their brand and have managed to let the website pay for itself.
1. “In remodeling, you almost have to become the voice of the industry. Homeowners are looking for an expert. Give them just that. Provide tips and tricks regularly on your website and social media. Showcase and review new products to educate your target audience. Do these things consistently and watch as your organic leads start to grow.” – Kyle Baptiste, www.nextlevelremodeling.com
2. “We firmly believe that no matter the size of your business, it is critical to pay attention to your online brand and reputation. Even though we are a local business, our customers no longer find us just by word of mouth or passing by our showroom. They look for us online, and they want to see that we are active, engaged, and trustworthy. We demonstrate this to our customers by making our online storefront as user friendly and attractive as our physical store – by keeping the content updated, by providing useful industry relevant insights through our blog, by demonstrating our expertise through concrete examples of our work, and by engaging our professional and local community through social media.” – John A. Lang, www.langskitchens.com
3. “Monetizing your website is more than offering ad placement and joining Amazon as an affiliate. It’s a strategy that starts with your SEO and the time you invest in building your audience. The programs you choose that provide residuals, like Amazon and AdSense or even selling your products or services, won’t prove successful unless your website has traffic.” – Lindy Chaffin, www.unstoppablestart.com
4. “Getting your website on the first page of Google is all well and good, but if you want it to remain there for any length of time, you need to make sure that your homepage’s content engages the people who land on it.
There are two simple ways to increase audience engagement that are often overlooked. The first is a call to action: a concise instruction telling the visitor what action you would like them to take. This could be something as simple as, “Call Us For A Free Estimate,” and must include an action word and ideally, a benefit. The second is video. People like video. Google is well aware of this and counts the presence of a video as a positive factor in its ranking algorithm. So if you not only want to get but also to keep your website on the first page of Google, don’t forget to include a call to action and a video on the homepage.” – Philip Trapkin, www.sterlingworks.net
5. “There are many great ways to monetize a website such as an email newsletter lists, allowing ads on your site, e-commerce products and more. With that in mind, one very easy way to earn some extra cash many often forget about is affiliate links.
Affiliate links are a great way to monetize your blog RIGHT NOW with little effort! Many blogs already promote products and services throughout them. If you’re already promoting products why not get paid for doing it?!
It has become even easier with the use of Amazon affiliate links as you can easily set it up and find almost any product to link to. In fact, if someone follows your Amazon link and buys anything on the site you get a percentage of the purchase! ” – Adam Scheid, www.thebrandsmen.com
6. “The best way that I have found to monetize my website is, of course, affiliate marketing. This allows me to earn money on the deals that I share with my readers. I use Google AdSense and earn money on pay per click advertising. I also find that it is very important to keep my Facebook page updated daily and to interact with my followers and readers. This is key in driving traffic to my site every day.” – Laurie Floy, www.stealsanddealsforkids.com
7. “Every page should have unique content that captivates the audience, a call to action for the desired response, a contact form to grow an email list, and a social plugin that allows visitors to share posts, videos, and images.
Mix it up when it comes to content. Use interesting images to attract, properly SEO’d information the visitor wants to read and video whenever possible.” – Randy Lyons, www.advantagelocalagency.com
8. “Monetizing a digital brand has become one of the most sought after segments in the internet and social media marketing. It is not easy, but when executed well can yield some of the biggest rewards for any brand/website.” – Timothy Roman, www.imperialbuilder.com
9. “To introduce our services in a very competitive real estate market we understand the need to exceed our client’s expectations. Since the inception of our business in 1991, we have taken the approach that we need to offer more than just experience and professionalism.
Utilizing our online presence, we have placed quite a bit of emphasis on local brand awareness from both a search and education viewpoint. Keeping our clients abreast with the latest information on what Prescott, Arizona has to offer as well as the most recent information on the local real estate market through our blog is one of our primary tools.” – Kathleen Yamauchi Group Real Estate, www.kathleeny.com
10. “For a B2B service provider like us, creating a non-sales Aesbus blog was at the top of our to-do list for lead generation. By providing rich content, we’ve been able to pull prospects through marketing gravity. Our blog generates secondary interest in our B2B services. And as part of our backend process, we’re able to capture that interest via contact/inquiry forms that correspond to specific services described on our website. The captured contact information is then routed through our sales funnel. Our blog is a friendly way of building credibility that helps us monetize our content. We don’t necessarily make money off of our blog—but, it helps drive indirect sales. We have acquired leads generated directly from our blog.” – Gloria Hernandez, www.aesbus.com
11. “The #1 way I monetize my site is by working with brands through sponsored posts. I’m very selective and only work with brands I trust. To get the attention of big brands, my content and photography must be top notch. Social media also plays an important part in monetization. The more followers you have on social media, the more willing brands are to work with you. It does take time and patience to build a presence on social media, but it’s well worth it in the end.” – Alli Smith, www.anallievent.com
12. “Our website is our sales channel. First and foremost we sell web design packages to other businesses. Using website worksheets and lead generation forms, we are put in contact with clients who need custom responsive websites to represent their brand. Secondly, we also provide recurring monthly WordPress Maintenance packages. Also, we provide Organic SEO services where we take a holistic approach in optimizing websites from the ground up. This way, our lead generation efforts have always been supported by strengthening our digital brand and website.” Lori Newman, www.newmanwebsolutions.com
13. “Keeping the integrity of my blog is the number one priority. Don’t be afraid to turn down sponsored opportunities that don’t fit your blog or your standards. Publishing bad content on your blog can have a very harmful and lasting effect on your future success.” – Julia DeLeeuw, www.everydaymomideas.com
14. “The best way to monetize a website is to sell your digital product, one that can be downloaded like a book. You have to create the content (or you can rebrand other’s content, but I don’t recommend that) and then people can purchase it over it an over again. Second to that would be a membership/subscription. Ads such as Google Adsense are great if you have a ton of traffic, but most people can’t generate enough traffic on their own to make it worthwhile. Creating digital content like a book or an online course is what I consider to be the best way to monetize a website, you just have to decide what it is you want to specialize in and then learn all about it and generate the content that is compelling, so people want to buy it.” Jennifer Brown, www.ghostworks.us
15. “Once you’ve generated enough traffic, the next option is to start getting the most out of your website visitors. Adding Google Adsense ads to your website is a quick and easy way to start monetizing your website traffic. You can also offer relevant affiliate offers through networks like Commission Junction, ShareaSale, Rakuten, or ClickBank.” Chris Cabaniss, www.falcondigitalmarketing.com
There are many ways to use your website and get an almost immediate return on your investment.
It is important to understand that our websites are the first impression we give to a client. This is our storefront, brochures, catalogs, and business cards.
These clients will access you from around the world and at all hours of the day and night. They will slip in, and if you do not provide what they need, they will slip out again.
Being SEO smart and user-friendly will assist you in the land of search engines, but it is the content of your website that brings the customer back.
It is the care and attention you place on your digital brand that makes them share the information.
By using the tools listed here, you can make money with your website on many levels. How you utilize your website and promote your digital brand is up to you.
Your success is in your hands.